We fix, service, replace and install all types of household air conditioners throughout Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland and the Central Coast. Call us for free replacement quotes, fast service and great advice.
What we do?
HOT WATER PLUMBER,
ELECTRICIAN OR GAS FITTER
We repair, replace and relocate all major brands of Hot Water Systems including Thermann, Bosch, Rheem, Saxon, Rinnai, Aquamax, Dux and Vulcan Hot Water Heaters. Best Prices ~ Best Service ~ Licensed and Insured Hot Water Specialists.
LEAKING HOT WATER SYSTEMS?
NO HOT WATER?
We do emergency hot water replacements and repairs to hot water systems. We can service your hot water system and/or repair your hot water system – replace your anode, relief valve, thermostat, element and pressure limiting valve. We offer same day service.
SOLAR HOT WATER &
SOLAR HEAT PUMP SYSTEMS
We provide extensive information and expert advice about hot water running costs. We provide advice on electric vs solar, solar vs heat pump, and electric or solar vs gas hot water systems. Installing a solar hot water or a solar heat pump hot water system will help you save money on hot water running costs.
HEAT PUMP SERVICING & REPAIRS
Our in-house electrician and refrigeration mechanic, Mike Kearney, is a heat pump hot water heater expert and can help you with any issue you may have. We repair Saxon heat pumps, Rheem MPi, DUX Aeroheat and Quantum. We carry spare parts for all these systems and can provide you fast service to get you back in hot water quickly!
If your existing household air conditioner has finally given up the ghost we can supply and install a new one for you or install a system you purchase to replace the old one. Give us a call for a free quote on the installation of a new air conditioner for your home today.
AIR CONDITIONING SERVICING
We can fix your broken air conditioner and also provide the regular maintenance that they need. Household split and ducted systems that are running inefficiently can really rack up your electricity bill, not to mention becoming breading grounds for harmful bacteria. Regular servicing and disinfection treatments will keep your system running efficiently and keep your homes air fresh and clean.
Frequently Asked Questions – Air Conditioning
Got a question? Browse our FAQs page for everything you need to know about our Air Conditioning Range.
The size of your home and what areas you’re wanting to heat will determine what system would be best for your home. As part of our service, we offer free onsite written quotes on replacement and new installations and give you the option of supply and installation or simply installation only if you have purchased a system elsewhere.
Aside from cleaning your filters regularly, it depends on when your system was last serviced. We recommend you call us today to schedule a service if you notice any of the following:
- Clogged and damaged filters
- Blackened evaporators
- Deteriorating insulation or ductwork
- Leaking refrigerant gas
- Failed capacitors
- Seized fan motors.
Air conditioners need regular servicing by a licenced air conditioning mechanic every 1-3 years, depending on usage.
Yes, just like a motor car, air conditioners need regular servicing by a licenced air conditioning mechanic every 1-3 years, depending on usage.
While this is a common question the answer depends on what type of system and where it’s being installed. Contact us today by clicking here to arrange for one of our experienced team members to have a look.
Every home is different, everyone uses air conditioning to varying degrees, and everyone services their systems after different intervals. Because of these factors, the cost and duration of a service will depend on the size and state of your system or unit. Call us today for service and repairs.
The condenser is installed outside of the home, typically on an external wall, while the head unit is located inside the home in whatever room you’re wanting air conditioned.
- Cheaper to buy than ducted and can be installed in different parts of the home.
- Each location will require its own system which does raise the price; however, it does give you 100% control of the temperature in the installed spaces.
- Great for apartment, small home living, or multiple stories.
- Lower installation and running costs.
- Condenser units can be an eyesore if not installed in a conspicuous place.
- Can limit your freedom to decorate the room it’s located in.
- Does not work well as a single unit in a space with multiple interior walls.
- Depending on the size and layout of your home you may need to invest in a multi-headed system allowing for more than one room or zone to be climate controlled.
Allows you to control zones independently to heat or cool some or all the home by using a central air conditioning unit with ceiling or underfloor ductwork piping.
- Excellent user friendliness.
- High quality and outstanding performance.
- Potentially higher initial setup cost.
- Can only be installed in locations with adequate space in the ceiling or floor.
Depending on the size of your room it could cost on average between:
$0.25 – $0.35/hr for a small room.
- Up to $0.70 – $0.95/hr for large areas using a reverse cycle unit for cooling.
- $0.13 – $0.36/hr for heating.
- Ducted systems are significantly more expensive averaging $2.45 – $3.45/hr to cool and $1.45 – $2.12/hr to heat.
- Keep your filters clean and have your unit serviced every 1 to 3 years.
- Consider using your system during off-peak hours. Peak hours vary based on your electricity provider; however, peak is usually between the hours of 1pm and 8pm during the week.
- Set your air conditioner to the right temperature, resist the urge to turn it all the way down on those sweltering Australian summer days!
To ensure maximum energy efficiency we recommend setting your unit’s temperature between 24 and 27 degrees Celsius in winter to warm your home and between 21 and 23 degrees Celsius to cool your home in summer. Air conditioning is all about your home comfort. If your system is regularly serviced with nice clean filters it will run efficiently. Sometimes it’s best to simply enjoy the benefits of it. If you are at home on a boiling hot night, treat yourself with some lovely cool air and sleep like a baby. Same goes for winter, snuggle in and enjoy what you have. Modern air conditioners are energy efficient so keep the doors and window closed, don’t leave it running when you are not at home and focus more on relaxing.